Table of Contents
The Hindu Newspaper Vocabulary PDF Download
The Hindu News Paper Today
Learn New Vocabulary
List of New Words
|S.no||Word / Phrase /Idiom||On Page number|
Explanation With Examples
Meaning: To announce or signal the arrival of something significant.
- The Vibrant colors in the sky heralded the beginning of a beautiful sunrise.
- The ringing church bells heralded the start of the wedding ceremony.
Meaning: in a state of chaos or confusion; upside down.
- The sudden changes in the project’s final level left team members topsy-turvy.
- The toddler flipped the puzzle pieces topsy-turvy, trying to solve it.
Meaning: This means feeling sluggish, lacking energy, or being physically or mentally slow.
- After a heavy meal, Satish varma felt lethargic and couldn’t move.
- Workers feel lethargic due to a lack of rest.
Meaning: To voluntarily give up or let go of something, especially a possession or responsibility.
- My Father-in-law relinquished his role as CEO to spend more time with his family.
- Pravallika had to relinquish her dream of becoming a musician.
Meaning: The Top (or) the very best; number one.
- Their team was ranked numero uno in the league.
- The Masala Dosa was considered numero uno in my town.
Meaning: A state of feeling light-headed dizzy, or overly joyful.
- The roller coaster ride filled her with giddiness.
- After successful presentation, my friend couldn’t contain giddiness.
Meaning: a situation that is chaotic, confusion, or overwhelming.
- The sudden economic downturn left business in a reeling situation.
- The unexpected errors in the project put everyone in a reeling situation.
Meaning: A crucial or central influence that has a significant impact on a situation or outcome.
- Her leadership was the pivotal force behind the project’s success.
- Inventions like the internet have been pivotal forces in our lives.
- Education is a pivotal force for social change and personal growth.
- Good communication can be a pivotal force in resolving conflicts.
Meaning: Scheduled or planned for a particular time or date.
- Prabhas new movie is slated to release next month.
- The event in my office is slated for tomorrow evening.
Meaning: not drawing attention to oneself; modest or humble.
- She wore simple clothing, reflecting her self-effacing style.
- Being self-effacing, he quietly supported charitable causes.
Meaning: A short phrase or slogan that expresses a guiding principle or purpose.
- My motto in life is “Never give up”.
- The school’s motto is “Learn, Lead, Succeed.”
- The family motto is “Together we stand.”
Meaning: designed with a arched roof or ceiling.
- The old library had beautiful vaulted arches.
- The museum’s vaulted entrance was breathtaking.
Meaning: A close and harmonious relationship in which people understand and communicate well with each other.
- Teacher Sabhitha had an excellent rapport with her class.
- Building rapport with customers is important in the sales department.
- Communication is the key to establishing rapport with anyone.
Meaning: to involve or persuade someone to participate in an activity or project.
- She roped in her friends to help with the charity event in their town.
- We need to rope in more volunteers for the Swatch Bharath programme.
Thank you for reading The Hindu Newspaper Vocabulary PDF Download | 1st September 2023. Help others who are really preparing for jobs or enthusiastic about learning new vocabulary by sharing this article.